Friday, November 20, 2009

#1 WELCOME! HERE'S AN INTRO:


This is the story of our son, Ammon, who has recovered from Aspergers disorder.  Ammon’s story has touched many and has inspired others to recovery and healing places.  I have had numerous requests to share his story with people, and it takes a long time to do so.  I have been thinking about posting a blog so I can refer people to it.

I was finally convinced to put a blog together after a conversation with Ammon the other day.  We were watching a TV show about some people who were helping a family with 5 autistic children.  I sat watching with tears in my eyes.  I asked Ammon to pause the show.  I reminded him that he used to have something like those children have, and how he is my hero for inspiring others to get cured, just like he did.  That was when Ammon nodded, and asked, “But Mom!  Who’s going to tell those children? (in the TV show)” That did it!  I had to put his story online in hopes that Ammon’s story will reach more people.

I will try to be specific in Ammon’s journey in hopes there’s something in there to help more people.  As a general over-view, we have chiefly relied on a technique known as N.A.E.T. to remove the physical obstacles Ammon had to living a normal life.  More can be found on N.A.E.T. at http://www.naet.com and in a book called “Say Goodbye to Autism” by Devi Nambudripad.  Although N.A.E.T. was the great catalyst to helping Ammon get better, his recovery is also very much in part to how we treated him at home, where we put him in school, lots of love and patience on the part of his doctors and teachers, as well as prayer-prayer... and more prayer.

Please be patient with me.  I’m going to tell his story in stages.  I’ve also set the blog up so that I have to approve your comments before they show up!  That just means your posts will not show up right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment